JUST Lincolnshire is a countywide charity that aims to make a real difference to the lives of people from all backgrounds. We do this by championing equality, tackling discrimination and celebrating the richly diverse makeup of Lincolnshire. We want to create a place where everybody is valued, where people and their rights are respected, and everyone’s responsibilities are taken seriously.
The values of JUST Lincolnshire are to be an organisation that is challenging, inspirational and independent, operating with integrity and openness.
To help us achieve these goals, our board of directors is currently looking for a volunteer treasurer to join this highly successful charity.
The role includes the following responsibilities:-
• Liaise with the Administration Manager on a monthly basis to ensure that accounts reconcile with the bank.
• Monitor monthly cash flow to ensure the charity has enough funds to meet its short and long term obligations.
• Track actual project costs against budgets and support staff speaking to funders if there are any major deviations.
• Prepare and present quarterly reports to the board of directors on the current account, profit and loss and cash flow.
• Liaise with the accountant at the Apr year end to assist with any queries they may have to ensure they produce their report for the AGM in Jun.
• Act as a member on the Board of Directors having a direct input into the strategic direction of the charity.
• Act as an Ambassador of Just Lincolnshire, positively promoting its causes and values.
The ideal candidate:
• Will have competent numeracy skills and a familiarity in basic bookkeeping.
• Experience ideal but not essential in Sage 50 accountancy package.
• Ability to clearly and competently communicate financial information to non-financial board members at quarterly board meetings.
• Commit approx. 2 hours per month and an additional 2 hours per quarter for board meetings.
• Have values closely aligned to those of the charity and its objectives.
If you are interested in this role please contact Sue@justlincolnshire.co.uk for an informal discussion.